PK is currently looking for a creative, self-starting, Woodshop Supervisor who is ready to lead and help our business grow and scale.
At PK Sound people are number one, and these people own the company. PK is owned by all of us, the people on the ground, in the trenches, doing the real work and who truly have a passion for what our company is about, creating powerful experiences!
PK is an owner-operated loudspeaker manufacturer, proudly headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, servicing the world. We pride ourselves on being a fresh alternative to the status quo, providing creative and innovative solutions in an ever-evolving marketplace. It is one thing to hear music; it is another to experience it. PK Sound was born out of the marriage of acoustic engineering and human emotion, in facilitation of the connection between artist and fan. We measure performance as much in the reaction of a devoted fan as in the read-out of a lab instrument. In all we do, wherever the PK logo appears, there can be no compromise, and no end in our desire to achieve new standards of performance, better ways of collaboration, and new avenues of innovation to advance industry technology for all.
There is no doubt we work hard, but we share in the success and we have a lot of fun doing it. If you are looking for a company with an amazing brand, industry changing technology, an exceptional workplace environment and that is poised to aggressively grow on the global market, this position is for you!
- Employee ownership program
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Fun work environment
- Making the world a happier place
- Flex Days
- Attractive benefits
- Free parking
- Company excursions
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for planning all woodshop resources including labor, machines and material plans
- Plan CNC machine daily cutting schedule, and ensuring maximum machine efficiency;
- Plan assembly and delivery schedule, assign tasks and follow up on daily basis;
- Plan materials and shop supplies to avoid shortages, coordinating with Procurement department;
- Schedule all labor hours, plan extra hours, evening or weekends shifts when necessary.
- Quantify each operation process and set target processing time for each cabinet;
- Define CNC program efficiency, and techniques/processes for clean cut;
- Map process bottle necks, propose improvement activities to make process efficient;
- Develop and perfect work manual for all cabinets;
- Develop pick list to send components in complete set for cabinet assembly.
- Work closely with R&D team for new samples, record issues and propose changes for each manufacturing process and quality control.
- Together with Quality Dept to work through check sheet for each cabinet before coating.
- Define internal quality controls and checks, develop control jigs/samples;
- Responsible analyzing and working out actions when cabinet quality issues are reported after leaving woodshop.
- Develop machine maintenance plan for annual, monthly, weekly and daily activities.
- Implement maintenance plan and follow up on its effectiveness, costs and downtime.
- Define machine spare parts, and build up necessary stock;
- Shop Management:
- Safety: Conduct safety toolbox talks, develop and improve safety documents, maintain the workspace safe, clean and tidy; participate in OHS committee
- Team development: promote multitask skills, develop internal training needs and documents, track the skill matrix on month base.
- Responsible for daily Work Order reporting, and weekly review in ERP;
- Submit woodshop weekly report for machine efficiency, labor hour efficiency and weekly cabinet output;
- Hiring and Discipline:
- Define woodshop labor-hour needs, participate in hiring, appraisal and termination processes;
- Responsible for new hire check-in, on job training and documentation;
- Assure company rules, polices are followed, coach and discipline when necessary;
- Expense: Monitor shop expenses for supplies, drill bits, maintenance, track and report on monthly base;
- Moral: Keep woodshop staff motivated, positive, conduct daily shift meetings, for shift start and shift end, to have daily close communications.
- Journeyperson Cabinet Maker
- Minimum of 10+ years of woodworking.
- Minimum of 5+ years managing a woodshop while directly managing a minimum of 10 employees.
- CNC Programming training and minimum 3 years hands on programming
- Mechanical aptitude related to maintenance and repair of CNC machine and various other tools
- Managing In-Shop safety program
- Coating and spray experience also desired
- Ability to pass a security screening
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license
- Forklift Experience
- First Aid Certification
- Must live in the Calgary, AB Area
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resume to
Only successful candidates will receive contact to establish immediate next steps. No phone calls please.