Reporting directly to the Production Planner, this person will manage logistics and inbound shipments for parts inventory, assist customers with outbound shipments, create RFQs and POs for select vendors, and assist with Inventory Control.
As a key role in the organization, this position requires someone who has an extreme commitment to continuous improvement and exceptional attention to detail. We require a team player with the ability to build relationships with co-workers, prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and have exceptional problem-solving skills.
PK is growing quickly and is currently looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Supply Chain Coordinator who has an insatiable desire to get the job done and make things better along the way.
At PK SOUND, people are number one, and these people own the company. PK is owned by all of us, the people on the ground, in the trenches, doing the real work and who truly have a passion for what our company is about: creating powerful experiences! Only with this as our core philosophy can we truly give our customers, who are our partners, the exceptional products and service to build long lasting, mutually beneficial business relationships.
PK SOUND is an owner-operated, advanced loudspeaker manufacturer proudly headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and servicing the world. We pride ourselves on being a fresh alternative to the status quo, providing creative and innovative solutions in an ever-evolving marketplace. It is one thing to hear music; it is another to experience it. PK was born out of the marriage of acoustic engineering and human emotion, in facilitation of the connection between artist and fan. We measure performance as much in the reaction of a devoted fan as in the read-out of a lab instrument. In all we do, wherever the PK logo appears, there can be no compromise, and no end in our desire to achieve new standards of performance, better approaches to collaboration, and new avenues of innovation to advance industry technology for all.
There is no doubt we work hard, but we have a lot of fun doing it and share in our successes. If you are looking for a company with an amazing brand, industry-changing technology, an exceptional workplace environment, and that’s poised for aggressive growth on the global stage, this job is for you!
Benefits of working at PK include:
- Employee ownership equity program
- Competitive wages
- Working with cutting-edge technology
- Fun work environment
- Making the world a happier place
- Flex days
- Attractive benefits
- Free parking
- Company excursions
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ready to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Book international air, ocean, and ground movements; Manage arrival deadlines, bills of ladings (BOLs), packing slips, system entry, distribution, and record maintenance as required.
- Ensure the right product is at the right place, at the right time, and at the most optimized costs.
- Complete required shipping documents to fulfill brokerage and import/export requirements.
- Support outbound ExWorks shipments by liaising directly with customers to provide required shipping and export documents.
- Provide data on scheduling and forecasting transportation to end user and internal movements (railroads, trucking, air freight, and transloading).
- Validate incoming invoices for all logistics costs, detention, demurrage, and freight for rail, truck, transloading, and storage. Work with vendors to ensure accurate invoicing.
- Responsible for placement and follow-up of purchase requisitions, requests for quotation, and final purchase orders following the material replenishment plan and forecast of the assigned vendors.
- Assist physical reception of products and update purchase orders’ receptions in ERP system.
- Support quality checks on material receptions and inventory accuracy.
- Participate in the monthly and annual inventory count, providing support to the planning and operations team.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Decisiveness & superior problem-solving skills
- Leadership & good people skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail with speed and accuracy
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including good customer service/phone skills, strong in math and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Designation with 1-2 years’ experience ideal, but new grads encouraged to apply.
- Analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent computer, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarization with ERP systems.
- Advanced MS Office skills with focus on management of Excel Power Query, Power Pivots, and advance use of functions and pivot tables.
- Excellent presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written
- Clear vision and passion for continuous improvement as a critical business philosophy.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of Supply Chain processes.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful candidates will receive contact to establish immediate next steps. No phone calls please.