PK Sound is currently looking for a Software Developer who is creative, self-starting, and ready to develop new products with passion and precision.
At PK Sound our people are number one. They are also the same people who own and operate the company. The very same individuals who are on the ground and in the trenches, doing the day to day work, who truly have a passion for what our company is about... Creating powerful experiences. With this as our core philosophy can we truly give our customers and partners the exceptional products and service to build long lasting, mutually beneficial business relationships.
PK Sound is an owner-operated loudspeaker manufacturer and production company proudly headquartered in Calgary, Alberta Canada, with service world wide. We pride ourselves on being a fresh alternative to the status quo, providing creative and innovative solutions in a constantly evolving marketplace. It is one thing to hear music however it is another to experience it. PK Sound was born out of the marriage of acoustic engineering and human emotion, in facilitation of the connection between artist and fan. We measure performance in the reaction of a devoted fan as we would the measurement of a lab instrument. In everything we do, wherever the PK logo appears, there will be no compromise and no end in our desire to achieve new standards of performance or better ways of collaboration with new avenues of innovation to advance industry technology for all.
There is no doubt we work hard, but we share in the success and we have a lot of fun doing it. If you are looking for a company with an amazing brand, industry changing technology, exceptional working environment who is poised to aggressively grow on the global market, this career is for you!
1. Employee ownership equity program
2. Working with cutting edge technology
3. Fun work environment
4. Making the world a happier place
5. Flex Days
6. Attractive benefits
7. Free parking
8. Company excursions
9. Weekly Yoga
You will design and implement new features in PK Sound’s software projects, such as: Loudspeaker remote control application, mobile applications, wavefront control software. You will also participate in shaping the future of the software department, helping make long term technology choices to improve and scale the software to and continually increasing range of customers. Working with customers across the globe on some of the highest profile events and venues, what you create will have significant impact not only for the company but the millions of people who enjoy experiencing our loudspeakers.
• Develop and maintain new and existing software products.
• Analyze, design, and develop tests and test-automation suites.
• Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle.
• Integrate electronic hardware, firmware, and software into complete systems.
• Ensure reliable operation of products under extreme conditions.
• Communicate progress and problems to management and other departments.
• Create product documentation and user manuals.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers.
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Travel to concert venues and festivals may be required for technical support or software testing.
• C#, .NET and WPF architecture and development, MVVM pattern.
• Asynchronous programming.
• S.O.L.I.D. Object-oriented design principles.
• Test-driven development, mocking, assertion libraries.
• 3D application development understanding.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Critical and pragmatic thinking.
• Collaborative approach to problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Service-oriented architecture design.
• Agile product development lifecycle experience (Kanban, Scrum).
• Network programming (experience with UDP/TCP coding, protocol creation/development).
• Knowledge of professional audio and/or DSP architecture.
• Embedded firmware development in C.
• Basic IT management skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in software development.
• A valid passport, with the ability to travel without restriction.
Interested candidates should send their resume to
Only successful candidates will receive contact to establish immediate next steps. No phone calls please.