VP, Research & Development
As a member of our team, you will work on new technologies that are revolutionizing the way sound is experienced at venues across the globe. Our technology stack spans from innovative GUI designs, high-reliability network architectures, to embedded software.
You will design and implement new features on our software projects: KONTROL loudspeaker remote control application, mobile applications, wavefront control software. You will also participate in shaping the future of the software department, helping make long term technology choices to improve and scale the software to and continually increasing range of customers.
Are you energetic and ready to do whatever it takes to succeed, because you will work hard, very hard, but you will love doing it and it will make a difference not just to the company but to the community and culture surrounding it. Our core purpose is to create Powerful Experiences that connect people through music.
At PK Sound, people are number one, and these people own the company. PK is owned by all of us, the people working day to day, who truly have a passion for what our company is about and what we create. Only with this as our core philosophy can we truly give our customers - who are our partners - the exceptional products and service to build long lasting, mutually beneficial business relationships.
PK is a fast-growing, owner-operated loudspeaker manufacturer proudly located in Calgary, Alberta Canada, servicing the world. We pride ourselves on being a fresh alternative to the status quo, providing creative and innovative solutions in an ever-evolving market place. It is one thing to hear music. It is another to experience it. PK Sound was born out of the marriage of acoustical engineering and human emotion, in facilitation of the connection between artist and fan. We measure performance as much in the reaction of a devoted fan as in the read-out of a lab instrument. In all we do wherever the PK logo appears there can be no compromise and no end in our desire to achieve new standards of performance, better ways of collaboration, and new avenues of innovation to advance industry technology for all.
If you are looking for a company with an amazing brand, industry changing technology, and exceptional work place environment that is poised to aggressively grow on the global market, this job is for you.
- Develop and maintain new and existing software products
- Analyze, design, and develop tests and test-automation suites
- Participate in all phases of product development lifecycle from specification to testing.
- Integrate electronic hardware, firmware, and software into complete systems.
- Ensure reliable operation of products under extreme conditions.
- Effectively communicate progress and problems to management and other departments.
- Create product documentation and user manuals
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
Required Skills and Knowledge
- C#, .NET architecture and development experience
- S.O.L.I.D. Object-oriented design principles
- Expert experience with design patterns, dependency injection, IoC frameworks
- Test-driven development, mocking, assertion libraries, and various associated frameworks
- Distributed version control systems and associated tools (Git preferred)
- Experience with build automation technologies like AppVeyor, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Asynchronous programming experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Critical and pragmatic thinking
- A collaborative, ego-free approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice To Have Skills
- 3D application development (Unity3D preferred) understanding
- User interface development with XAML
- Mobile device development
- Web application development (front and back end, web services)
- Relational, Document, Object databases and ORM technologies
- Service-oriented architecture design
- Agile product development lifecycle experience (Kanban, Scrum)
- Network programming (experience with UDP/TCP coding, protocol creation/development)
- Knowledge of professional audio and/or DSP architecture
- Embedded firmware development in C
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com .