Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, this person will plan production sequences and material purchases using an ERP driven manufacturing process. As a key role in the organization, this position requires someone who has an extreme commitment to continuous improvement and exceptional attention to detail. We require a team player with the ability to build relationships with co-workers, prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and have exceptional problem-solving skills. The right candidate for this position is someone who understands how to use software and ERP platforms to streamline inventory accuracy, as well as conduct material, labour and workstation sequence planning.
PK is growing quickly and is currently looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Production Planner who has an insatiable desire to make things better. They can develop and use technology driven processes to manage and improve PK’s manufacturing planning.
At PK sound people are number one, and these people own the company. PK is owned by all of us, the people on the ground, in the trenches, doing the real work and who truly have a passion for what our company is about, creating powerful experiences! Only with this as our core philosophy can we truly give our customers, who are our partners, the exceptional products and service to build long lasting, mutually beneficial, business relationships.
PK is an owner-operated, advanced loudspeaker manufacturer, proudly headquartered in Calgary, Alberta Canada, servicing the world. We pride ourselves on being a fresh alternative to the status quo, providing creative and innovative solutions in an ever-evolving marketplace. It is one thing to hear music, it is another to experience it. PK Sound was born out of the marriage of acoustic engineering and human emotion, in facilitation of the connection between artist and fan. We measure performance as much in the reaction of a devoted fan as in the read-out of a lab instrument. In all we do, wherever the PK logo appears, there can be no compromise, and no end in our desire to achieve new standards of performance, better ways of collaboration, and new avenues of innovation to advance industry technology for all.
There is no doubt we work hard, but we share in the success, and we have a lot of fun doing it. If you are looking for a company with an amazing brand, industry changing technology, an exceptional workplace environment and that is poised to aggressively grow on the global market, this job is for you!
Benefits of working at PK include:
- Employee ownership equity program
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Making the world a happier place
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ready to work hard, in a fast paced environment
- Ensure ERP is used properly with accurate data and creating visibility of said data
- Develop and achieve departmental/company goals and controls. Make suggestions for improvement in areas of cost reduction, processes, quality and productivity
- Create and maintain production, work, and shipment schedules and prioritize job orders for production optimization, while meeting sales delivery timelines.
- Plan production cues based on material lead times, client deadlines and workstation capacities, using the ERP functions; Master Production Schedule, Planning by Production and Planning by Work Center
- Ensure Inventory Accuracy in the ERP and reconcile with accounting inventory values monthly
- Plan all inventory management processes and controls, ensuring they are documented, in place and enforced, avoiding shortages and excesses
- Responsible for ensuring there are sufficient parts & materials in house to execute SO delivery timelines
- Calculate required material according sale forecast, propose ordering quantity, review and convert RFQ to Purchase Order; handing it off to the Procurement Manager for acquisition of parts
- Material shortage control: Review Manufacturing Order’s materials and enable MOs
- Create Manufacturing Orders for sales order or stock, consolidate MOs, and to close MOs
- Weekly summary/report for RFQ /Open PO /MO /Material Shortages
- Work with the Engineering dept. closely to ensure that ECO process is being adopted by operations team and that product BOMs & product drawings are always accurate.
- Create all Assembly and Woodshop shift schedules and align them with production sequence and demand.
- Create Labour Forecasts based on sales intake and workstation capacities, work with HR on recruiting and hiring needs and timelines for Woodshop and Assembly positions
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Understanding of entire manufacturing cycle and scheduling requirements
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Decisiveness & Superior Problem-Solving Skills
- Leadership & Good people skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Good Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Mathematics Skills, Especially in the Area of Statistics
- Attention to Detail with Speed and Accuracy
- Strong Computer skills
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Distribution Management
- Ability to Meet Deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Strong understanding of the manufacturing process
- Strong ERP experience
- Excellent communication skills, including good customer service/phone skills, strong in math and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities
EDUCATION & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field OR equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- APICS certification (CPIM)
- Strong understanding of and experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Office products; strong computer skills
- Minimum 3 years of previous planning experience
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful candidates will receive contact to establish immediate next steps. No phone calls please.