PK is looking for a creative, self-starting Operations Manager who is ready to build, manage, and coach an ambitious, energetic, and talented team driven to achieving manufacturing excellence and optimizing operational efficiency.
At PK sound, people are number one, and these people own the company. PK is owned by all of us, the people working day to day who truly have a passion for what our company is about and what we create. Only with this as our core philosophy can we truly give our customers - who are our partners - the exceptional products and service to build long lasting, mutually beneficial business relationships.
PK is a fast-growing owner-operated loudspeaker manufacturer proudly located in Calgary, Alberta Canada, servicing the world. We pride ourselves on being a fresh alternative to the status quo, providing creative and innovative solutions in an ever-evolving market place. It is one thing to hear music. It is another to experience it. PK Sound was born out of the marriage of acoustical engineering and human emotion, in facilitation of the connection between artist and fan. We measure performance as much in the reaction of a devoted fan as in the read-out of a lab instrument. In all we do wherever the PK logo appears there can be no compromise and no end in our desire to achieve new standards of performance, better ways of collaboration, and new avenues of innovation to advance industry technology for all.
If you are looking for a company with an amazing brand, industry changing technology, and exceptional work place environment that is poised to aggressively grow on the global market, this job is for you.
Based out of Calgary, this position reports directly to the CEO and will manage the day to day operations of the manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will ensure every product is on time and in perfect order when it is received by the customer. They will streamline and optimize people and process and constantly look for improvements that drive down costs. They will command respect by respecting and empowering others and they will exercise detailed planning to meet deadlines. They will ensure the facility is immaculate and exceptionally well organized.
We take great pride in the work we do and the talented people who work with us. We're always looking for highly skilled, driven people who value a collaborative, open environment and a flexible, professional culture. If you have a passion for music, the people behind the music, and are always looking for a way to connect with others who share this ethos, then you are exactly what we’re looking for.
• Extremely detail oriented
• Highly organized and process oriented
• A near compulsive attitude towards workplace cleanliness and organization
• Experience managing a manufacturing facility
• Be firm but fair and respectful
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Do whatever it takes to get the job done.
• Serve as a senior member of the management team, helping to determine the strategic direction for the business.
• Create detailed production planning schedules to ensure efficient staffing and workflow.
• Implement & manage product quality control procedures & tracking.
• Maintain and ensure consistent use of MRP system.
• Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information.
• Ensure that the team is scalable and well positioned to produce consistent results.
• Hire, train and coach a team of A-Players.
• Manage procurement and look for the best partners, while streamlining the supply chain process, including inventory forecasts, levels, and purchasing.
• Implement processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
• Initiate and develop ideas to save costs.
• Ensure facility is immaculately organized, efficient, and properly maintained.
• Bridge global partners with PK’s key management, product development, and financial teams.
• Act as a mentor and a coach to peers and direct reports alike and coach them to be the best they can be.
• Manage shipping, receiving, and brokerage.
• Manage warranty returns and repairs for products.
• Budget and plan CAPEX requirements.
• Be an inspiration by example and keep the team fired-up.
• Extremely detail oriented with a strong drive towards perfecting process, planning, and execution.
• A motivational and inspiring leader.
• Deadline driven and understand the importance of delivery products to customers on time.
• A strong, active, and experienced leader who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves when required.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives
• An Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
• Extremely versatile - can work in a fast pace, demanding, and quickly changing work environment, anticipating future needs and making good decisions.
• A creative problem solver and opportunity finder.
• An exceptional negotiator who practices sound judgement with ability to make informed and effective decisions, including conflict resolution.
• Goal orientated with the ability to define those goals.
• A dynamic, results-oriented, and passionate leader that has demonstrated a successful track record of educating and empowering team members to exceed targets.
• Self-motivated, with the ability to motivate those around you.
• Comfortable identifying new and challenging projects on new ways to improve process, efficiency, and productivity.
• Proficient with a variety of professional computer applications – MS Office, MRP systems.
• 5+ years’ experience managing a manufacturing facility.
• Set up and optimized an assembly line.
• Managed a supply chain including procurement and shipping.
• Managed recruiting & team building.
• Worked in a small company environment.
• The ability to translate complex technological details into concise and easy to understand written form.
• Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
EDUCATION & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a manufacturing facility in a senior role.
• Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and proof of insurance.
• A valid passport with the ability to travel without restriction.
• This position provides a competitive salary and profit sharing package to the right individual.
• Employee ownership equity program.
• Company mobile phone and laptop.
• Benefits program.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com. Only successful candidates will receive contact to establish immediate next steps. No phone calls please.