Reporting directly to the Vice President of Engineering this person will proactively implement and improve an ERP driven manufacturing process. As a key role in the organization, this position requires someone who has an extreme commitment to continuous improvement and exceptional attention to detail. We require a team player with the ability to build relationships with co-workers, prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and have exceptional problem-solving skills. The right candidate for this position is someone who understands how to use software to streamline and develop manufacturing processes to improve efficiency and quality.
PK is growing fast and currently looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Manufacturing Engineer who has a insatiable desire to make things better. They can develop technology driven processes to quickly scale and continually improve PK’s manufacturing workflow.
PK is an owner-operated, advanced loudspeaker manufacturer, proudly headquartered in Calgary, Alberta Canada, servicing the world. We pride ourselves on being a fresh alternative to the status quo, providing creative and innovative solutions in an ever-evolving marketplace. It is one thing to hear music, it is another to experience it. PK Sound was born out of the marriage of acoustic engineering and human emotion, in facilitation of the connection between artist and fan. We measure performance as much in the reaction of a devoted fan as in the read-out of a lab instrument. In all we do, wherever the PK logo appears, there can be no compromise, and no end in our desire to achieve new standards of performance, better ways of collaboration, and new avenues of innovation to advance industry technology for all.
There is no doubt we work hard, but we share in the success and we have a lot of fun doing it. If you are looking for a company with an amazing brand, industry changing technology, an exceptional work place environment and that is poised to aggressively grow on the global market, this job is for you!
Benefits of working at PK include:
- Employee ownership equity program
- Competitive Wages
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Fun work environment
- Making the world a happier place
- Flex Days
- Attractive benefits
- Free parking
- Company excursions
- Weekly Yoga
- Complete understanding of manufacturing process
- Extremely strong software skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Obsessive focus on continuous improvement
- Great people skills / Teamwork
- Self-motivated and self-starting
- High mechanical aptitude
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ready to work hard in a face paced environment
- Develops and leads Implementation of new ERP driven processes
- Maintains product and process database by writing computer programs and entering data
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs: applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and soliciting observations from operators
- Ensure ERP is used properly with accurate data and creating visibility of said data
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manufacturing methods and procedures
- ERP implementation
- CAD, CAD/CAM
- Manufacturing quality
- Mechanical design
- Process development
- Presenting technical information
- 4+ years experience in manufacturing
- 4+ years experience with ERP software
EDUCATION & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and proof of insurance.
- A valid passport, with the ability to travel without restriction.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com . Only successful candidates will receive contact to establish immediate next steps. No phone calls please.